Thursday, April 19, 2012

I cheated!

Yup, I cheated! In making Pad Thai I cheated!

So what did I do??

Well I decided that since Scott liked my Pad Thai so much, I would make it again.
I looked on the Internet for recipes.
I did find lots..

There is an easy Pad Thai recipe at About.com Thai
Food.
http://thaifood.about.com/od/quickeasythairecipes/r/onepagechickpad.htm.

but I have no patience..so I saw the list of ingredients and my eyes glaze over..
Said to self..next time I'll try this..but this time, I am gonna cheat..

So I went to Plan B.

Thai Kitchen has a gluten free ( yes, all Pad Thai is gluten free as they use rice noodles..)
called Thai Peanut Noodle kit.( thaikitchen.com)

I made the sauce as directed. ( 1/4 cup of water and seasoning kit).
I made some rice for Scott, as he likes rice with everything..

The noodles in the kit are fine but not enough for me, so I added a Thai Kitchen GF Rice Noodle stuff.. it was 14 oz..lots of noodles, so I used 1/2 ( 7 oz or so..I just grabbed about 1/2 the noodles in the box)  of this kit and added to the rice noodles from the other kit.
I followed the directions and heated water to boiling in a clear pot, added the rice noodles, took the pot off the flame and let the rice noodles stand 6-8 minutes for noodles to get soft; then I rinsed them with cold water and let them sit in the colander.

I used a lot more chicken then the recipe called for..it said 4 oz..seemed a little sparse to me, so I used 2 chicken breasts cut in pieces.  (Yes I gave some to the cat..she does love raw chicken)
Heated my wok, with olive oil..turned the heat to medium and added the chicken.

Once the chicken was cooked, I added the rice noodles and sauce, mixed them up and put on low heat for 4 minutes or so ( uncovered) .I didn't count as I was washing the snow peas, bean sprouts and peeling the zucchini.

I then added to the rice noodles and chicken:

 2 1/2 cups of  bean sprouts - love the bean sprouts.
snow peas - 2 cups or so..
water chestnuts
1 zucchini, chopped up and peeled.

I used what I had  on hand for veggies..could have added broccoli, or even asparagus.
Then I added the San J peanut sauce.san-j.com
How much??
 Well I just poured, until it looked okay..( you know the old season to taste routine).

I mixed all of the veggies, chicken and noodles and  cooked for about 5 more minutes, uncovered..

It was good!! But next time, I gonna try to not cheat and make the stuff from scratch.( famous last words)







No comments:

Post a Comment