Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Salmon on the grill

Last night I made salmon on the grill, asparagus on the grill, salad, and of course Ben and Jerry's Free Cone Day

I tried the following for the salmon ( it is the Jefferson Adams recipe i mentioned yesterday)

Ingredients:
1½ pounds salmon steaks or fillets
½ teaspoon fresh ground ginger (I used ground ginger , not fresh)
2 cloves fresh garlic, minced ( I used minced garlic from Costco, I used 3  teaspoons)
⅓ cup gluten-free Soy Sauce
⅓ cup orange juice
¼ cup honey
2 green onions, chopped ( I didn't have green onion, so I used regular onions, about 1/3 of one ( but I like onions) .I also put some of the onions on the fish when it was grilling)

Directions:
1. In a glass dish, or a large resealable plastic bag, mix ginger, garlic, soy sauce, orange juice, honey, and green onion.

2. Place fresh salmon in bag and seal tightly. Turn bag gently to distribute marinade. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes.

3. Heat barbecue, or outdoor grill to medium heat. ( I used my Weber grill with charcoals)
  
4. Remove salmon from marinade, drain excess. Toss out remaining marinade.

5. Grill salmon on a lightly oiled grill for 12 to 15 minutes for each inch of thickness, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.

I also grilled the veggies. I used Olive Oil and lemon juice, coated the asparagus and put them on the grill.. Made a super salad with the normal stuff and green peppers, red peppers, strawberries, grapes and Kiwi's.

It was a GREAT meal!!!

I figured that I would have some fish left over to put on salad for today. But I was wrong, it was so good that it was all  gone last night. So tonight was salad with pecans and preparing the crockpot for tomorrows General Tso's Chicken..

No comments:

Post a Comment