Wednesday, February 22, 2012

No driving myself crazy about things!! My new mantra!!  ( this week anyways)


So yesterday was Fat Tuesday and at work we celebrated .We had cakes and donuts and such. I cut and served and washed plates . I was inside going nuts...as I was exposed to wheat..didn't know what to do??

I washed my hands like crazy but finally said to myself" Self, either one quits work and lives a hermt life cooking in my own portion of the kitchen or..get over it! You are gonna be exposed to gluten and wash you hands, and move on.."  so I moved on.. thus ny new Mantra.

Back at the ranch, I ventured to make my first GF soup..split pea. Soup pot is GF already since it has only been used for soup.  I had carrots, onion, zuchini, sweet potatoes and celery in it..all was good until I realized that my blender bowl thing was plastic.. why does this matter??

 I used to take the soup and blend it smooth in the blender and then serve it..well i ate lumpy soup.. it was good but different. I only used bay leaves, some basil and salt free Mrs Dash mix.. Next time I'll follow a recipe and add more spices.


But the good NEWS is that I found out that I can make Pad Thai..I love Pad Thai! It seems the noddles are rice noodles.Score one for the GF team!!

Once this kitchen thing gets settled, I am gonna start cooking for real..not just salad and soup..
On to Kohl's to see what is on sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment