Friday, February 24, 2012

Ode to Godiva

When my kids were little, I started saying that I was "cleaning the kitchen"..you know they would yell for MOM and some times late at night , well late for them LOL, I would respond that I was cleaning the kitchen and would be there as soon as I was done..

yep spoon in hand, chocolate on my breath, I was cleaning all the chocolate there was :-)))  ..

So Eric got a box of Godiva chocolates from work for christmas..put it on the cat post in the family room and didn't take it to school. He said that we should/could have it. well it sat there for months.. calling to me in its little chocolate voice.." I am here, don't forget me..you"ll love me. " things like that..i ignore its calling to me ... up til last night.

 I was so good and GF yesterday..big ol'bowl of GF cereal in almond milk with bananas for breakfast, went to work and ignored the goodies that were set out and the Salisbury steak with gravy, really good stewed tomatoes with cheese, mashed potatoes, etc.. just did my job!

Came home and had a big salad with tuna and grapes and nuts.YUM!  I was so good..
Dinner was split pea soup I made the other day and GF multi grain crackers.

But then, I really felt like a little something..should I?? rip the big bow off the Godiva chocolates??? I told  myself that one was okay..just one..and then I could have just one for many days..

I ripped off the bow, opened the box that was calling to me, punched open the protective clear seal, and opened the box of Godiva. OH!!  the smell of chocolate was wonderful, the anticipation at deciding which one of those wonderful chocolates to have.. my mouth watered at the thought and smells..

So I chose a chocolate truffle with a chocolate center..pure heaven..the outside was rich and the inside was smooth and chocolaty.Wonderful!!!I groaned with pleasure..

Did I savor the experience? YES

Did I close the box and put it away for another day?? Well NO..

One good piece of chocolate deserves another and soon I had devoured 5 pieces of yummy Godiva chocolate.... which I do think required restraint since I usually eat not one cookie but a box of cookies..serving size gets me every time...

That's my story and I am sticking to it..

No comments:

Post a Comment