Saturday, March 3, 2012

Who knew there were crumbs in the silverware drawer??

It has been a week since I last posted and so much Gluten Free and otherwise has gone on.

Last weekend, I cleaned more stuff.. who knew there were crumbs in the silverware drawer??
But there were..who knew??

How it started was I went to clean all the silverware, not really silver but an imitation cheaper alternative for everyday use, as i have mine, Scott dads from when he got them free ( and since he has been dead since before I met Scott and we have been married 22 years ..so.., ) and my parents. Seemed like a good idea to wash all of this stuff.. and then I pulled out the divider and low and behold found crumbs.. really??  Crumbs!!

So I got super paranoid and started to wash everything down and then sterilize it with sanitary wipes/towels.  I cleaned the drawer, put a liner of paper towels in it, then the divider and the stuff.
Cleaned the stove, and while I was at it, cleaned the serving, and odds and ends drawers.I moved all the GF stuff like the salad tongs, potato peeler, snacker for oranges, stuff like that..

So now it had the kitchen in order..at least as far as i can tell..maybe some things are iffy but I cant see replacing everything..so some get cleaned with dish soap and then that is it..

Speaking of soap...
When we were Feingold, I had a book to use as a guideline to tell me which products were safe..well the GF book from Cecelia's Marketplace called the Gluten Free Grocery shopping guide came on Tuesday... great wealth of information. I feel more in control with a guide.

But got me thinking about soap, shampoo, pet food.
In the middle, in big GREEN pages..was Helpful Gluten Free Tips.
No2 was make sure your pet food is gluten free. Oh boy, Sweetie is under attack..
then no 4 was double check your shampoo is gluten free..So there is more to do..

What about soap?? Well at least it lists brands of soap..none of which i use..where does it have the soap from hotels, Disney or Disney ships???

But on the happy note.. i made Chicken Adobo in the crock pot thanks to 365crockpot recipes..Thanks Stephanie..Chicken Pad Thai, and tuna steaks, with salad and green beans.. YUMMY!! Scott was apprehensive about the chicken pad Thai..but after 3 bowls was convinced it was ok..

And I checked the list and ice cream is on it..so i am good!!! Chocolate, ice cream and Thai food and yummy recipes..I am happy..
Got am app for my phone called Find me GF restaurants..so Iowa tomorrow will be easy..

There is so much out there , that is easier than I first thought..restaurants have GF menus, all sorts of products are labeled GF..and the book tells me which ones to use so someone else has gone through the trouble of emailing manufacturers..

Yep..this is easier than other things..
Now can I stick to it??

No comments:

Post a Comment