Thursday, March 8, 2012

Amazing Food ( continued)

So I made Crockpot Apricot Chicken http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/03/crockpot-apricot-chicken-recipe.html.  
Why I am not sure, but I added/changed the recipe, I do this all the time.Like I know what I am doing LOL.
So I used a real onion instead of minced onion flakes, forgot to get the ginger from  the store or look in my spice rack to see if i had any, and I had leftover pineapple from the Tuna Steak sauce, so i added that; I was going to add the mango too but i am not sure that it is ripe yet, so i decided to add it to something else later.
The Apricot Chicken was SO yummy..MY MOUTH WAS JUMPING UP AND DOWN FOR JOY..
Thanks to Stephanie !! And it was so easy!  Throw all the stuff in the crock pot and forget it. my kind of meal!
I did go to the store for the stuff yesterday and got it all ready last night after dinner,in the morning, I set up the crock pot, turned it on and went to work. The house smelled so good when i walked in. Even the cat loved it! I did forget the veggies and the rice but at the last minute I used baked potatoes -white for Scott and sweet for me.  Worked just fine. Next time, I'll  remember the rice and add veggies or salad. But really the chicken was just fine! :-)

Did I not tell you about the Tuna Steak?? Well Geoff was in town and we went to Costco and got Tuna. It was a choice between Tuna or Salmon, and well Tuna won. The cat was very happy. ( BTW she likes this lifestyle change, i am having lots more fish and chicken. She is in heaven, 'cause she gets some raw and cooked too).
Back to the Tuna Steaks. I made them in the oven with pineapple, mango, red onion and peppers. Just cooked to be pink in the center. It was out of this world.

What to make tomorrow?? I thought I would have left over chicken but no..it is all gone. That's how good it was.. i need to go look and see what there is to make??

Maybe Tilapia or ???

An Aside: I thought i lost this.. all of a sudden my screen was blank.Talk about heart failure..whew glad it is okay as I would not be retyping this.

No comments:

Post a Comment