Monday, March 26, 2012

I didn't really cook anything.. but went to a GREAT restaurant.

Well another day, but no results so to speak. I didn't really make anything but....

ate the leftover chicken, salad, fruit etc.. bought some carrots and celery, red grapes, green grapes, strawberries, clementines, bananas...ate them too..

But I did try a new ( to me) restaurant called Chowpatti   chowpatti.com
 in Arlington heights..it is a vegetarian restaurant and has many GF items.

"Vegetarianism is neither a fad nor a passing fancy. It is a long and widely established way of life all over the world among individuals making an independent stand for a better, healthier and more compassionate society. If you think vegetarian cuisine is a diet mote suited to rabbits than humans, it is time to visit CHOWPATTI VEGETARIAN CUISINE. The choices offered at this establishment are overwhelming, accurately billing it's fare as an "International Vegetarian Cuisine". The diverse menu covers virtually all popular cuisines from basic American to Mexican, Italian, Middle Eastern and truly provocative varieties from Indian cuisine. "


I had several GF options and they were good.  I am going to go there again, it was good and GF. What a concept!

I had a Dosa with spinach. "A  DOSA is an Indian style crepe made using a batter of rice and lentil. The combination of grain and legume in this batter provides you with complete protein. This batter is completely vegan and gluten-free. All Dosas are served with one cup of sambhar, which can be used as a sauce to drizzle on top of the dosa or can be used for dipping. SAMBHAR is a medium spiced, nourishing lentil (toor dal) soup/sauce cooked with vegetables and south Indian seasonings. "
I dripped it on my Dosa and at home  ate the rest as soup. Very Yummy!!

I had an uttapam with spinach. It was like a pizza.  "UTTAPAM- is a thick pancake made using a batter of rice and lentil. The combination of grain and legume in this batter provides you with complete protein. This batter is completely vegan and gluten-free. When the Uttapam is served, it looks like an Indian style pizza." More of the sambhar stuff. All Uttapams are served with one cup sambhar, which can be used as a sauce to drizzle on top of the uttapam or can be used for dipping.  I dripped on it my Uttapam. It was hot ( spicy) and good.

Plus I had chickpea curry with brown rice..HOT ( as in spicy hot) but very good but really hot. Like having your sinus cleaned out hot!  LOL

Today I was gonna make soup, but I still had some 'dovers ( leftovers) so..i am thinking about tomorrow..what can I make??

Turkey, cranberry sauce and asparagus? or Sloppy  Joe's? or ???

 I am tired of making yummy chicken dishes, so I wanna try something different. what do you suggest??

, I brought them home and had dinner the next day. If you are in Chicago area, it is worth a visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment