Monday, February 20, 2012

President's Day..I am off work but more GF exploring.

I had breakfast with Marita at Egg Harbor Cafe..they have a GF menu..so it was very good.!

Went to Sunset Foods on the way home, and NO I did NOT buy an Mitchells ice cream..boo!
But I did look at their GF section..my theory is that specialty stores would have lists and things..
I was very disappointed that they did not have a lot..
so I went to Trader Joes.. and they had a LIST..yep  6 pages of Trader Joes No Gluten Ingridents used..Way to go Joes.. I'll be back for stuff.
Then I went to Mariano's..one just opened in Palatine..corner of NW HWY and Hicks..by the new police station..I asked if they had a list..I was on a roll after my success at Trader Joes..the customer service lady said No list..but we have an aisle.. Wow a whole aisle.!! Incredible..

Beautiful store, you can see why people are raving about it.
I thought I would do split pea soup..but after i started soaking the peas, i remembered that i needed a collander and something to put the soup in in the frig..so off to Target..

Nobody has a big bowl/container for soup or salad.. Target said Bed,Bath and Beyond..NOPE, tried the container store..did buy a "just in case" thing..now i am going to look online and call a Tupperware lady to see if I can replace the one I have..

No comments:

Post a Comment